The aim of physiotherapy is to help restore movement and function to as near normal as possible after you are affected by injury, illness or other disability.
This loss of function and disuse of a muscle causes its tissue to lose circulation of blood, lymph and vital nutrients needed to heal. This initiates a vicious cycle of disuse that perpetuates pain and stiffness. Physiotherapy uses manual techniques, exercises as well as therapeutic equipment to speed up recovery and reduce these symptoms.
Physiotherapy is one of the best ways to reduce or prevent complications from injuries and can be easily integrated with Chiropractic, Massage, and Acupuncture therapies.
Physiotherapy can help with the following:
- Joint, muscle and ligament injury
- Rehabilitation after an accident or injury
- Spinal problems which may affect posture
- Sports injuries
- Post-fracture rehabilitation
- Post-operative rehabilitation (such as after hip or knee replacement)
- Discomfort during pregnancy (such as swelling from carpal tunnel syndrome or back pain)
- Paediatrics – for childhood conditions
- Neurological or developmental conditions
To learn more about physiotherapy care, please call us at 416-364-2072 or send us a message using our email contact form. Our experienced care associates will be happy to answer any questions you have.